6.01.2006

revisit

i had a loooong day yesterday with the kids and then finished the evening off with a unsuccessful, last minute attempt at a smock for may's tie one on challenge. but after seeing whats out there, i will certainly revisit this project soon. i would have worked on it tuesday night but ended up going out to my parents to help my mom pack. she left yesterday to spend a month in bogota with her family. my youngest brother michael went with her. i must say that at the last minute i was feeling pretty jealous since the last time i went to south america was 14 years ago. wow. really? fourteen years have gone by? how sad. someday family, someday. while i was out there i rummaged around in my moms picture drawer (you know the drawer in an old dresser that is just crammed full of old photographs) for a specific picture of my dad that popped into my head a few weeks ago. i cant remember what on the internet sparked the memory, but it is one of my most favorite pictures of my dad.
my dad
thats him in the background, grinning at the guy on the bike(?). pretty obvious why i used to just stare at this picture, huh? i have no idea where this is or what was going on, or even who took this picture, but i just love it. i used to make up stories for this picture, maybe i will write one down this time. i also came across a favorite of my mom as well.
my mom
i used to stare at this one quite a bit too. her boots drove me crazy, i remember distinctly being five or six and asking my mom how she used to walk in shoes like that. i love to revisit the picture drawer, and carry away bits with me. sort of like transplanting seeds for my own picture drawer.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

great photos - and great memories. digging in the drawer perhaps not unlike an archeological expedition?

11:17 AM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

those are awesome, han!

11:38 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Those are awesome! My family's drawer is full of people posing with fake smiles, at best.

And you look just like your mom did in that photo.

11:48 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

those pictures are so cool. I love the candid-ness of them. i can completely understand why you stare at them!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was your mum trying to pick up on guys acting like her car was broken down..huh? 'oh, i'll just look at my boot while these cars drive by..' nice.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd stare at these pictures, too.

i missed the whole smock business as well-- let's try it for this month and play dumb. amy will totally buy it.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so love those photos!!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What amazing photos.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently went through old photos with my mother -- so funny to see how sexy and young she was, to see her react to her own youth. Great pictures, thanks!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home