4.22.2006

i have merit

i have merit
i was a crafting powerhouse thursday and friday! we're talking mailorder, calendars, bonnets, freezer paper stencils. hot diggity! for all my male readers, this about the time when you tune out of this post, because its just going to be chock full of pictures and bubbly crafty play by play. i know how much you love it. hold onto your butts ladies, this is going to be crazy!

so on with the show. first up, mailorder! i finally had a chance to sit down and lovingly poor over my two large red envelopes filled with mailorder goodness cooked up by the amazing ms. amy k. oh my. was it fun! i cut out my decoder ring and set to work earning mama some funny money. i havent had a chance to bake anything yet because i was too dang excited about the projects. first up, the birthday calendar. something i have wanted for a long, long time.

birthday calendar

since i have few places to hang something i opted instead to mount it on some thin cardboard covered in some marbled paper and glued on some magnets. this paper always makes me think of melted neapolitan ice cream which i thought was very appropriate for birthdays. super fun. oh and ladies if you have one of those little xyron x sticker things, it works perfectly for the little embellishments and merit badges. im not so handy with a glue stick, i tend to make a mess.

the bonnet

too much, huh? yeah. this sweet, sweet, sweet little number is the famous bonnet pattern from the second mailorder. and i love it. this is the first time ever that i have not made a mistake on a sewing project. thats how easy and well illustrated this pattern is. i made the baby sized bonnet because um, well, we have small heads, unlike a little lady i know. i posted more pictures on flickr. lots more, im a little obsessed.

speaking of obsessed, remember how i was going crazy over all those freezer paper stencils? i finally got my hands on some paper and ink. so, so fun.

oh dear...

its a mystery

i did these two shirts for collette. the deer is with jacquard ink, mint green with sparkles, and the mystery is with peacock blue speedball ink. i posted some closeups on flickr. they were very satisfying to make, although i think my next stencil will be larger and more angular. certainly not doing tiny footprints again. whew! i started a group on flickr for these to discuss inks, tips, maybe trade stencil patterns. care to join?

so what is a gal to do after getting so much done? why, treat herself to a big bowl of her new favorite.

my just desserts
bryers coffee ice cream. heavens to betsy it is tasty...

16 Comments:

Blogger cat collier martinez said...

yeah i am so excited to see you are crafting and playing! your work is so so delightful. i wanna go back and do mine all over again. love the tshirts too! really fantastic!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post! I just love everything you've made. Now I really want to make my own t-shirts too!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

holy-productive-ness!

wow.

and everything turned out
so beautiful...
i love the colors you chose
for the bonnet...
too cute
:)

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quote:

"this paper always makes me think of melted neapolitan ice cream which i thought was VERY appropriate for birthdays"

It's a brave new world!

Also, I love the shirt with the buck on it. In fact, I want one like that.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tshirts are so good. good. good. good.

11:06 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

Oh my--that bonnet is just too cute! not to mention the little one underneath it! And I love the tshirts. I can' t imagine the work for it took to cut out the stencil! what a weekend!

11:55 AM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

dang, hannah. yer killin' me.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is too much. i LOVE the bonnet. and so great that you got to use the vintage ribbon! the freezer paper shirts, so great. i bet it feels good to be crafting again.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where on earth is the tutorial for the freezer paper stencilling? I can't seem to find it on Craftster. =)

pip

pipandtom@gmail.com

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am guy and I'M SO EXCITED!!!!....wait, just kidding. Though I have to say that that photo of Collette in a bonnette is painfully cute.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have one child and no job, how do you do it? i love everything!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! So much craftiness in one post! Love, the bonnet and those shirts are incredible!!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! huffmama got time for some crafting, and i can see that it was long overdue! everything looks so fantastic - and Collette is beautiful in her spring green bonnet! thanks for the stencil flickr group - i love the idea of sharing stencils (mostly because I can't draw!)!

8:24 AM  
Blogger shannon said...

you are tooooo freakin' much. oh, if you like coffee ice cream Edy's rich churned coffee ice cream rocks!!!! only half the fat too, like you need to ever worry about that.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the sewing cat from belgium again.... Your children are very cute!!! I have two litle girl also.... they love buble also!!!

see you.... bye!

5:08 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Man, I didn't realize how long I'd been away until I visited and saw about 15 posts to catch up. I already told you this in person, but I LOVE Collette's bonnet. And a freezer paper stencil tutorial is definitely on the agenda for an upcoming craft night.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home