6.07.2005

a tale of two tshirts


so is that totally dorky, or what? oh well. today i "modified" two shirts that have been haunting my closet. i got this wrappy number off the clearance rack at the gap for four dollars. a nice yellow, but a little too gape-y for my tastes. i am also really bad about having just one nice white tank which always seems to be dirty when i need it to wear under something, so i took some cute fabric i had laying around and made a little panel for it.


it was more difficult to take a picture of myself in the mirror than i had anticipated. mostly this just looks like a gratuitous shot of my chest. nice. the second shirt was a plain white girls shirt i picked up at target for some potential embroidery. as i was digging around in my pit of a basement/craft area, i rediscovered some photocopies from a japanese craft book that amy sent me, and was inspired. i managed to put this together on the front porch swing while the huffsters were napping. i really like how it turned out, here is a shot post washing.



and here is my attempt at a close up...eah.



at first i was actually going to do some applique and slip-stitch and the whole bit, but then i got lazy and just left the edges raw. they are a little fuzzy now, but thats cool too. much faster anyway. i had hoped to post pictures of collette all cute and smiley in her swimming suit today but she was not as thrilled with the pool as i thought she would be. our sweet friend julie invited us over to swim today. maybe next time!

ps. note to self, wash grubby eliot prints off the mirror in the closet.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great to have you posting again! I love the little bird embroidery/applique - very cute!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job! Love the birdy.
--Mariko/supereggplant

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute Shirts!! And why wipe the prints off, they'll just find there way back huh? Maybe I'm just a slob...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

terrific job on the birdie tee, i love the raw edges. good idea with the low top, the same thing happens to me with my white and black tanks.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute!!!!!!!!so happy you used the copies for some crafty fun!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made the bird purse with the same design the other day! I love the fabrics you chose.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home