6.09.2005

i heart papersource


today was my first day back at the papersource and i almost forgot how much i like being there. being in a place filled with beautimus paper and creative people is good for the soul. i mean what other manager gives you tips on how to wrap a wedding gift??? seriously. we are going to a wedding this weekend in a little town outside of wichita. i love wrapping gifts, and i seem to really get a kick out of wrapping wedding gifts. i like to make them pretty, but not so "wedding" you know? this is what i came up with.



all you paper addicts like myself might recognize the design of the wrapping from snow & graham. they make such awesome stuff. im a sucker for anything letterpressed. i stamped the card with one of my all time favorite stamps ever. she is just gorgeous. here is a closeup.



i bought her, along with many other stamps, online from papercandy. such awesome retro images! i also used a great stamp from them for my christmas cards last year. speaking of cards and my love of letterpress, i bought this really great card today at the store from a place called egg press in portland organ. too cute, and look at the awesome woodgrain envelope! love it, just love it! amy do you know anyone at egg press? if so tell them i think they are wonderful!



on a non-craft related topic, has anyone had any luck with evening out tan lines with self-tanner? i have some monster "farmers" tan lines from being out in the field, and let me tell you, they just dont look very pretty in a nice dress. i suppose i should have started working on this problem sooner instead of two days before the wedding, but i was hoping they would somehow magically disappear. hmmm. i guess not. i suppose i will be sporting a cardigan all night. maybe if we let eliot dress himself for the wedding nobody will notice my tan lines. this has been his getup for the last few days.



pjama pants arent just for sleeping, they are for all day i have been told. he wouldnt touch the bear slippers last winter, but i guess they are the cats meow in the 90 degree weather. go figure...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help with the tan lines... a tan is something me and my body know absolutely nothing about! But, had to say that I think he should wear that to the wedding! Too cute...

8:29 AM  
Blogger cat collier martinez said...

man h. i have been using the jergen's natural glow self tanner and it has worked out really nicely. i used to use neutrogena's spray, but hell i got all sorts of streaks and wonders. i've bought a whole bunch from egg press and so wish there was a papersource and ep in chatt.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

i love wrapping gifts too! the paper, card and stamp are gorgeous, i'm getting drool over my keyboard.

love the outfit and the face--too funny!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a bummer about the tan lines. yeah I probably would just adjust my wardrobe at this point. I love your stamps! I'm almost scared to check out the stamp link because I could just see my money floating away. Tell your boy that his fashions are just too far ahead, and one day they will be understood.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home