5.02.2006

valley of the unicorns

a thing of beauty
we wont talk about how in the fifth grade i was so obsessed with unicorns that i wrote a story called valley of the unicorns. we wont talk about how i begged and pleaded with my dad until he took my story (written out on a loooong piece of parchment paper) and attached it to some dowel rods so that it would look like a scroll. we wont talk about how i won and award for the young authors contest with said illustrated scroll. mainly because david has heard that story ten million times (i particularly like to point out the part about the award to him as he is an author) and he is sick of it. i think its pretty freakin cool myself. which is why i made this shirt for just for my inner twelve year old.

moving on... just wanted to say thank you to eliot for being so patient with me while i do crazy things like take pictures of tshirts on the porch.
sweet thing
i spend so much time snapping pictures of the girls, that sometimes i forget just how sweet he really is. and silly, i mean come on, he is a four year old boy.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a strange comment. From that picture, I can almost smell him.

You know: a little laundry soap + a little sweat + a little peanut butter + a little dirt = great little boy smell. :)

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just discovered your blog and have to say i'm so excited to read another talented, crafty woman in the kc area! i love your stencils!

3:40 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Ah, yes. Sweet, yet totally ornery. That's how I describe my 4-year old boy.

7:08 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

love eliot. love unicorns. actually - i want to read that story. or maybe you would give a reading?

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a total unicorn freak as a kid! I had this wierd book that talked about the legends of unicorns and read like a Griffon & Sabine book (I think my mom got rid of it too--grrr). It was way over my head at the time, but hey it was UNICORNS. I remember having my teacher read it out loud to my class and realizing that not everyone was interested in unicorns--how sad. How's this for another obcession--I was also obcessed with PURPLE. Can you believe that there is a store in Dallas dedicated to PURPLE UNICORNS!!!????? I think my head woud have exploded if it was around in my time.
Well, here's to common obcessions!

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do i see some of those new g.i. joe's in the background with eliot?

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too loved unicorns. i'm sure i still have some stickers somewhere. eliot really is a sweet boy and i loved visiting with him, great picture.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the unicorn and eliot have the same hair stylist.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Queen of Light and Joy said...

What's this freeze paper everyone is talking about? I have seen all sorts of pictures of the finished project all over but no one is talking about how to make it.

4:51 AM  
Blogger scientician said...

De-lurking myself, I've been a keen reader of your blog for a while, I'm loving the craftiness I didn't know existed until I starting reading about all these crafty women around the world.
I am in love with the stencil t-shirts! And am desperate to be able to do it myself. Alas, freezer paper only exists in Australia in craft shops, at exorbitant prices! If you ever want to trade freezer paper for something australian, let me know.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home