8.24.2009

first kindergarten, second and one not pictured

very first
second first
last week was our first week of the new school year. it was a long week. we all had to adjust to new bedtimes and getting up early. myself included. collette's favorite things about kindergarten are:
seeing her best friend margot everyday
seeing eliot on the playground

and that's all we can get out of her. well, today david managed to get her to say what she liked about school besides seeing margot. apparently it was reading a book. i'll take these all as good signs. she's not crying and she doesn't refuse to go. if she doesn't want to talk about it, eah. her decision. i'll pump the teacher for information at back to school night.

eliot is already loving second grade. we are looking forward to this year, because they get to "travel" around the world and study different cultures, food, languages. it's a good year.

and arlo. well that sweet arlo. she's doing just fine too. more than fine really. as a third child, she is taking full advantage of having time to herself in the best way possible. that's right, laying full length on the couch. because you third borns out there know, you never get the whole couch to yourself, you have to fight for your portion tooth and nail. when we leave in the morning, david says she lays out and luxuriates in all the space. smart girl. very smart.

7 Comments:

Blogger kristina - no penny for them said...

oh. school has already started for you. in berlin, this is the last week of the summer holidays. seems like every new school-year brings lots of new adventures, and your kids are loving them. enjoy!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Alicia A. said...

When I asked E about school he told me about the traveling around the world thing. Don't you love that they are still so excited to learn?!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous bird by bird said...

I think you finally gave explanation to why, even as an adult, I still love to spread out on the couch, feeling like it's something luxurious. I too am the last of three. :)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest begins kindergarten in 2weeks, we are very excited! Your post made me chuckle...we used to pry at Tobin when he was in PreK and my husband would joke, "what happens at Little Chief {school}, stays at Little Chief", poking at the adds for Las Vegas.

I am sure this year will be similar, wonderful. Good luck to you all on the new school year!
alison

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest begins kindergarten in 2 weeks, very exciting. We used to pry at Tobin about his day when he was in Pre K, and your post made me chuckle as we often received a similar response. My husband would joke, "what happens at Little Chief {school}, stays at Little Chief, poking at the adds for Las Vegas.

I expect this year will be much the same, wonderful...good luck to you all on the start of a new school year!
alison

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second grade was the year I got to "travel" around the world, too. I was just telling a friend about the day we went to Alaska and my classroom teacher convinced us that a marshmallow creme concoction she had made was blubber, and told us we could all try it. I was so grossed out and then so pleasantly surprised, I didn't want to believe her when she told us the truth.

I have been popping over to your site for several weeks now. Such lovely thoughts and photos--I love the writing about summer. It falls right in line with what I feel each year as this great season comes and goes.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Very sweet!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home