6.30.2009

in aestas speramus

DSC_0013
DSC_0024
DSC_0029
DSC_0016
DSC_0022
did june just vanish? it must have. that's the only explanation i can think of to account for the fact that today is the last day. the last day of my favorite month. i can say though that it was a good june. the perfect balance of lazy and productive. started off lovely and breezy, got blazing hot in the middle, and ended on another gentle, cooler note. i'm well aware that i have plenty more summer ahead of me, but june is like eating your cake first and then having to face all the yucky stuff you pushed around your plate trying to ignore. ah well. brian declared me the mayor of summer, a title with which i heartily agree. to that effect, i have a few little fun things up my sleeve. so here we go mrs. july, what say you?

9 Comments:

Anonymous shari said...

june=eating dessert first is a perfect analogy. glad to hear you have some tricks up your sleeve. i am looking forward to the small town 4th of july celebration. so great last year. farewell june. xo

6:10 PM  
Blogger MWM said...

the mayor of june -ha! so true.

you are Heatmiser and I'm Snowmiser.

and now that little song is stuck in my head. and yours too I bet:)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve. and i'd just like to say that it's been such a treat to have you posting here all month. seriously.

8:48 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

dang girl. these photos are puresummermagic. why don't you post them on flickr so i can * them? :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger RW said...

I have the same feeling about June.
Where did it go?
My holidays are in August - 3 weeks of them... so while I look forward to the time off - I certainly do not want to rush July by - I love summertime.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Chara Michele said...

I feel the same way, where did June go! I can't believe summer is 1/3 over already, I want it to slow down & stay summer :0

12:16 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Not sure what your title means, but I love the shadow photos. And better to be the mayor of summer than the "mayor of simpleton" (I think that's the song)

1:29 PM  
Blogger mike said...

in summer we trust?

6:15 PM  
Anonymous heidi said...

your anthrolpologie shadows are makin me jealous. may have to go find my own today!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home