9.22.2008

trying

....falling....
i'm trying my best this year to transition into fall gracefully. i mean, i do like fall, i really do. it's just that damn winter thing. but that's not graceful, i take back the damn. excuse me, sorry. instead i'll just think about things like soup, and baking bread, and tights (in navy of course), and boots. i'd like to get my hands on a good skirt, maybe corduroy? i was looking in the closet yesterday and realized i have a sad collection of denim skirts that fall short of the perfect ideal i have in my head. a pencil skirt that is too tight, a regular jean skirt that is too big and a mini that i don't think i'll wear. but all of this is pointless right now because kansas city is having some of the best indian summer weather ever right now. 70's during the day and 50's at night. if this is the way you are going to treat me autumn, well then i'm yours. almost.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am just right there with you, hannah - on the whole letting go of summer and trying to be gracious about fall thing. right there. with you.

10:54 AM  
Blogger thisisnaive said...

You're lucky. London's gone cold again after the warm weekend and I was crushed to find the sky already darkening at 7.

12:41 PM  
Blogger shari said...

atta girl hannah. focus on the good. i might need you to be my winter penpal. xo

4:20 PM  
Blogger erica said...

would love it if it was always this transitional period, but i suppose that would be asking too much.

it's so gorgeous right now, but i'm already dreading the winter. i guess i better do my best to enjoy the fall so i have something to dream about when the sun sets at 4...

4:34 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

corduroy! yes, corduroy skirts, please. to ease my pain.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

Hei Hannah. I'm tagging you. Have a look here if you want to play along :-)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Al E. 08 said...

I think I have always belonged to fall. Sweaters just do such a nice job of covering up cellulite. I love crunchy leaves and soup and rolls and pumpkin desserts. Yep. I'm all over autumn.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,
i laughed, this is how many clothes (skirts) we have! I don't exactly know if we have Fall right now in California where I live, or not. It's like yo-yo weather. This last weekend we had rain for the first time, but then it went back up to the 80ties. 2days later we had a cold spell at night (50ties), the next day, back to shorts weather. I am confused. When i look at my calender i get even more confused. You tell me, are we having Fall here, or not?
anyway, just to cheer you up, visit my blog sometime, i'm an artist -cheers, jeannette

10:13 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I love them! And also, I agree with the fall thing. I love fall very much, but dread the winter. It is just such a downer!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I really, really love fall, I think.. It seems I have stronger feelings about everything this time of year. But I agree, the winter thing is looming.. I live in Cleveland Ohio where the winter's are ROUGH. But then again I do love skiing..

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home