11.13.2005

excellent weekend

it was one of those weekends where nothing spectacular happened, but it was just great. the eddys came into town on friday, which of course makes any weekend great, and had dinner with us. so fun to spend time with good friends enjoying good food and conversation. hot out of the oven apple crisp with a scoop of ice cream doesnt hurt either. im thinking apple desserts are the new chocolate? it sure did taste good. i practically forced kerry to look at my new denyse schmidt book that i was so excited to finally have. i think i am the last person in crafty blog land to have it in her possession. i already have plans on a quilt, more to follow this week. saturday the kids went to my parents house to spend the night so that david and i could get some "financial issues" figured out. not fun, but good to have a better picture of our budget through the end of the year. that night we went to a house warming party for some friends. kind of short notice, but i didnt want to go empty handed so i threw together this quick pillow for them.


i had burned this screen on my gocco to test out on a tshirt for collette, so i just reinked and printed it on some canvas, cut it out, distressed it a bit and then sewed it on. here is a close up of the patch.


turns out that they had turned one room of their house into their "family tree" room, so this fit the bill perfectly. after the party david and i took advantage of our no kids status and went to see a late showing of pride and prejudice. oh my goodness. i am a lover of the book and the bbc version (who doesnt love colin firth????) so i was a little bit worried about this new version. i am here to tell you that you should run, not walk to see the movie. it was excellent in so many ways. the writer did a wonderful job at abridging the story, the acting was amazing and the cinematography was beautiful. i cried twice, which i never do. i think i must love reserved, distant men. both colin firth and matthew macfadyen were wonderful darcy's in their own ways. so romantic. oh goodness i could go on and on. i liked it so much that i joined my friends sarah and beth this afternoon to see it again! less than 24 hours later. cried again. it could be the pregnancy hormones talking, but it really was that good. thank you sarah and beth for my date with you. they made me dinner as well. what a great weekend! friends, crafting, parties and movies. so satisfying.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your pillow is just beautiful, hannah. you make me want a gocco.

and thanks for the p and p review!! I've been dissing the movie version too, guess I should keep my mouth shut until I see it!

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

taco dinner with david's favorite dessert, it doesn't get much better. the pillow turned out great! i love how you stitched so it looks more haphazard. awesome. i bet they loved it. i love the gocco look. and i must have the new denise schmidt book. images have been filling my mind since i read it 3 times at your place.

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to agree with Hannah...run to the theatre to see Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy is the ideal man. I like David even more for being willing to attend it.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it kind of felt like i had crashed a slumber party sometimes. i didn't even think about it walking in though. i just like to see movies.

this is a good one. i have a feeling that if the one other guy in the theatre had seen me crying there might've been an intervention.

7:47 AM  
Blogger cat collier martinez said...

man, i don't know if i could handle watching pnp, i cried when i read the book, boohooed a sorry little puddle around my bed. fantastic pillow! cannot wait to see your quilting progress

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Thanks for the heads up on P&P. I too was a bit aprehensive because I love the Colin Firth version so much.

Love the pillow! I really need to move forward on my gocco projects.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really love the pillow, especially the patch.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everything you do is awesome. good luck w/ your christmas creations. can't wait to see you and the tummy!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have anymore of those patches? want to do a patch trade? i love the tree so much.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Here's our pillow for the whole world to see! I feel so exposed!

I told David "your gifts were the only ones that had any thought to them- what am I going to do with 15 bottles of wine?"

Looks good in the Family Tree room. Thanks mucho, mother huff-stuff!

p.s. no you can't have any of my wine.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home