8.31.2007

::metal::

my jungle gym
my jungle gym as a kid was made out of metal pipe. i was passionate about gymnastics and mary lou retton for a time, but too poor to do anything about it. so i would swing and hang right here. i love that tangy mineral smell you get on your hands from metal. i also love the old school jungle gyms and tornado slides. i do not love the scorching sensation you get in high summer on said slides, which is why playground equipment is all plastic these days. makes sense i guess. but i do miss that smell.

have a great great great long weekend. maybe find a jungle gym or some monkey bars?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger j said...

those bars look high...you were a daring little girl

3:49 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

my little boys came home from school the other day with that smell on his hands and it brought me back... the simplicity of childhood.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Loved your posts this week! I've been lurking for awhile, but I had to post this week to tell you how nice your photos and words were this week. Treasures, indeed!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh, I remember how much I loved those monkey bars and the pride that finally came when I swung on them on my own!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you found a lovely playground...:))

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that smell too! and the smell of cool rain on hot pavements...


(I hate the static you get from plastic slides though!)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey bars and jungle gyms... such fond memories they evoke. Hanging upside down... what could be finer?

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home