7.30.2007

with a cherry on top

there it is
sometimes i forget how much i like museums. as a geeky 11 year old, my favorite book was From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. did you read this book?? oh my. claudia and her little brother run away from home and live in the met in new york. she packed her clothes in her violin case (i played violin!! err...at least i faked it) and they took baths in the fountains and collected coins for food, solved an art mystery. oh my little heart was swooning. but anyway, i digress. i have always had a love of museums and was so sad to miss out on the goodness minneapolis had to offer. our main day there was monday, and sadly everything was closed, but we did take a stroll in the sculpture garden at the walker art center. it was great and of course we had to take pictures of the spoon & cherry. of course. we consoled ourselves with food and wine. so dont feel bad. i feel the itch to sew, which i hope to satisfy soon. although, a friend just loaned me the new harry potter. hmmm. i feel a battle of past times coming on. i made a new discovery on flickr this weekend, sixwordstory. so great. i have already submitted my first two, furthering my flickr addiction.

16 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Sounds like a really neat book! I love the cherry scultpure - good enough to eat!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that book! I had totally forgotten about it! Man I wonder what other books I am forgetting about from when I was a kid? It seems like every few years I reread on of my childhood favorites. I've always wondered if I am the only dork who does that?

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well in a pinch, I suppose wine will substitute for a good museum romp :-) I'm going to have to check out that book!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved you six word stories. i know what you mean about museums and flickr. both are good.

3:19 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

the walker is someplace i REALLY want to visit.

7:13 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

I LOVED that book!! I always loved reading, but that book really did it for me...I remember being so caught up in the story... I "played" the violin as well, but I was too bad to even fake it.

7:49 PM  
Blogger pixiegenne said...

yay! i loved that book. i think that scene from the beginning of royal tannenbaums is from there...

8:15 PM  
Blogger clark eddy said...

hee hee hee.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I loved that book, too! I think they turned it into a cute movie. and that sixwordstory is just too neat. Oh, I like your new banner.

7:23 AM  
Blogger shari said...

such a great book. i have never seen sixwordstory before. must try it. xo

7:31 AM  
Blogger Chara Michele said...

I saw this picture and before reading your entry, knew that it had to be from the sculpture gardens in Minneapolis... (I used to live there.) :)

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that spoon!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Blair said...

have I already gushed over your banner?! If I didn't, I should! And the cherry on the spoon, that's good. I have a friend who has a collection of "big things" photographs from museums all over the country, I wonder if she has this one.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Alicia P. said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that book. I've been trying to buy all my childhood books again, and will have to put this on the list. I think they made a movie of this one, too.

I feel like most of my tween books were about kids in NYC. Still never been there but I feel like I have (the 13-year-old's NYC).

8:04 PM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

My favorite books was Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.

Love that cherry and spoon! I want to go there.

Re: cross processing -- I love your photographs! The color and grain are awesome.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this sculpture and the pola too :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home