9.02.2010

245

218/365
222/365
vegas + mcclains = best double date ever
236/365
241/365
243/365
244/365
it's nearly incomprehensible to me that today is the 245th day of this year. i know this because i've been keeping track with my camera. but i don't feel this. i don't feel as if 245 days have gone by. sometimes i feel like a million days have gone by since the day i talked to gary last christmas and he said the words, "you should come to california". and then there are moments when i could swear, just yesterday i was sitting on my front porch at the blue house, listening to my friends talk about the day while the fireflies turned on their evening time lights. that memory puts a little sawdust in my throat and makes it a bit hard to swallow. regardless of feelings, the cold hard facts of numbers tell me, 245. take it or leave it. ok so let's talk numbers then mr. calendar. it's been 77 days (!!!) since we moved to california. dang. in those days we've made 2 really good friends, 1 good dog friend, we've made 2 neighbor friends, and have had 9 friends (and family) come to stay. we drove 502 miles round trip to spend 4 hours with 2 dear friends. 1 more friend is coming monday to stay the night, and 6 more friends are expected later in september. 2 kids have been in school 2 days and are feeling pretty darn good about it. wow. i guess numbers don't lie, because if you ask me, that adds up to some good things. i should mention some stinky numbers, those being the 40+ i now work a week, which certainly equals a much smaller number of posts. oh well. i'm still ahead of the game. yeah?

11 Comments:

Blogger Bárbara said...

time really flies by! beautiful pictures

6:18 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

That second picture is magic.
I lived in Los angeles once. I miss things about it, but never it, sometimes.

40+ sucks. I know it. I live it. It is the price you pay to "get ahead" or something...

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i know. i can't believe it either. 1 year since we got married, 77 days since you guys moved, which means just over 77 days since my parents moved to Texas! and now, 3 days since I became unemployed. ;) but that's a good thing (very opposite your last number there).

Anyway. Here's to hoping those 4 days we spend with you feel really long and slow.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are always ahead of the game, hannah huffman. i like that about you. here's to the next 120 days... i hope they are full of good stuff.

5:52 PM  
Blogger claire said...

brian beat me, but it's true. numbers don't lie. x

8:59 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Funny, is it an age thing, but this year to me has gone the fastest yet and we haven't had the big changes you've had. I love this series of photos, they capture the feel of late summer so well.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

77 days since you moved??? wish we were part of the 6 coming to see you soon, maybe next summer huffmans!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

77 days since you moved??? wish we were part of the 6 coming to see you soon, maybe next summer huffmans!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Nicomi Nix Turner said...

Your photos capture so much of what is happening. Lovey~

12:18 PM  
Blogger Clarity said...

I saw your comment on another post which intrigued me enough to visit.

Beautiful, evocative images. I know what you mean about time. It really does run faster these days.

Peace, Ciao.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Yellow Cat Studio said...

You have very beautiful images here. I enjoyed scanning through them!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home